2017 Ministry of Education Huayu Enrichment Scholarship
Huayu Enrichment Scholarship is executed in accordance with “Ministry of Education Huayu Enrichment Scholarship (HES) International Student Directions” (see Appendix 1) of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of China (Taiwan) to encourage international students (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao SAR students are not eligible) to undertake Huayu courses in Taiwan.
A monthly stipend is 25,000 NTD. Recipients are responsible for their own expenses.
Huayu Enrichment courses include 2 month summer classes (June and July or July and August of 2017), or the short term classes which may last 3, 6 or 9 months to a year respectively. With the exception of summer classes, in principle, the duration of the scholarship is from September 1st, 2017 to August 31st, 2018. If recipients fail to come to Taiwan for enrollment during the above time, they will forfeit their right to retain their scholarships. Scholarship funding will become effective on the date of the recipient’s enrollment. Scholarship funding will end on the month of the expiration of the scholarship or if the scholarship is revoked.
Applicants must be Canadian citizens living in the provinces of Manitoba, Ontario, Québec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, and Prince Edward Island, with excellent academic performance, and are of good moral character. Applicants with one of the following qualifications may not apply:
1. Are overseas Chinese students or nationals of the R.O.C.
2. Are currently registered as students at a Mandarin Language Centre or have been degree seeking students at any university/college in Taiwan
3. Have received Huayu Enrichment Scholarship or Taiwan scholarship in the past
4. Are exchange students to Taiwan during the scholarship period
5. Are currently receiving financial benefits from the government of Taiwan or any educational institutions in Taiwan
Applicants need to submit the following documents to the Education Division of TECO in Canada by March 31st, 2017. Applications and related documents submitted will not be returned to the applicants.
1. A completed Huayu Enrichment Scholarship Application Form (see Appendix 2)
2. A photocopy of passport or any other documents that can verify the nationality of the applicant
3.A photocopy of the certificate of the highest credential and transcript
4.A photocopy of the applications to the Mandarin Language Centre (e.g. copy of application fee remittance, application form, receipt of application from universities/colleges, e-mails, etc)
5. The terms of agreement with applicants’ signature (see Appendix 3)
Upon evaluating each applicant’s documents, overall performance and motivation, the Education Division of TECO in Canada will select successful candidates and alternate . candidates. Alternate candidates will be placed on a waiting list. Candidates are to be notified by April 30th, 2017.
PLEASE NOTE: our office only accepts documents via mail.
Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Canada
45 O’Connor Street, Suite 1960
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1P 1A4
Tel: (613) 231-4909
Fax: (613) 231-7235